Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Our Crazy (but fun) Summer 2014

Well lets just say that our Summer started with a bang and then just kept going like crazy, and was just this big wonderful firework show of fun.

At the end of May was my 22nd birthday. Having an almost one month old baby we knew we couldn't do anything too exciting. I decided however that I wanted to watch the new X-men movie, and have an X-men marathon the week before it. So on my birthday we went and saw X-men in this awesome theater that has reclining sofa type seats. I have been spoiled other theaters just seem sub par now. Then after that Nathan got me an I-pad for my birthday!!! I really needed a new laptop so we decided on an I-pad instead, and it has been great.

Here is a picture I took on my birthday with my I-pad. :)


Then the start of June Nathan, Wrenn, and I flew to southern California to see Jared (Nathan's little brother) get married to an awesome girl named Jen! I was a little nervous for this trip because at the time Wrenn was only 5 weeks old. He did awesome though and flew like a champ. No crying and bothering our neighbors. It was fun flying with a baby because we actually talked with the people sitting next to us. A small adorable baby is a great conversation starter.

Here we all are on the plane getting ready to fly. Sadly this is also the first picture we have of all three of us together.


The weekend was fun. Nathan threw a bachelor party for Jared; which consisted of playing a bunch of nerdy board games. Then for Jen's bachelorette party we went and got some yummy food. The weekend was wonderful Wrenn got to meet the Tate's...

 Grandpa

 cousin's and uncle

 and Aunts!


I didn't get pictures with the rest of the family members unfortunately. But here are a few more photos from that trip (mostly stolen from Facebook).


We went out for sushi as a farewell for Miranda and Natalie since we couldn't come out for their mission farewells.  Miss those two.


Nathan playing Magic the Gathering with Natalie. Although Wrenn looks uncomfortable in this pic he was probably fast asleep.

And then of course the wedding that we made the trip out for.

 The whole Tate gang.

 Brothers :)

Family pic haha

Cool baby



It was a wonderful wedding and we were grateful that we could be part of  Jen & Jared's special day. They both looked happy and Jen looked beautiful.

Then we came home and got ready to move. On June 10th we officially moved into our new home. It was quite the upgrade moving from a small one bedroom apartment into a three bedroom house with a yard. It was stressful moving with a one month old baby and it took a really long time before our house started to feel like a home. It didn't help that there was a fine layer of sawdust on everything from when the landlord had sanded floors, but we still managed to have some fun despite all the chaos...

Mommy and baby hung out in between unpacking and cleaning.

Baby figured out how to suck on his hands


We took some more "family photos"
 We played games.

 Took baths.

 Goofed off :)

 Took naps.

 And cuddled


Wrenn enjoyed our new yard.

And baby helped me pick out some rugs.

Wrenn visited Daddy at work (Nathan works from home now).

 He visited him a few times.

And baby learned the meaning of no pain no gain with tummy time.

Then he quickly learned how to get out of it. Here is a video of Wrenn flipping over the first time on July 4th... hence his patriotic outfit.


Setting up has been stressful, and I'm glad it is over with. I will post some photos of everything put together on my next post, but for now here is a glimpse of the chaos we had to deal with all of June and part of July.



After all the chaos of moving and setting up we had family coming out in mid July for Wrenn's baby blessing. We were so happy and grateful to have everyone come out that did. Thanks for traveling so far to be a part of this special moment. Here are some photos from that weekend.

Baby in his blessing outfit with Grandma Tyler (I am just now realizing I haven't gotten pictures of baby and Grandma Tate, sorry Kristy! I will work on that...)

 Wrenn and Aunt Ashley!

 Grandma giving baby a bath

Hanging out with daddy.

 Getting some much needed sleep.

 Wrenn rocking his outfit.

Jaren, my older brother, holding Wrenn at church. He doesn't look nervous at all ;)

Then finally after 2 and a half months Bethany, Nathan's sister, was kind enough to take some legit family photos for us. Thanks Bethany it means a lot to us to have some nice photos of the three of us!


It was a wonderful weekend with everyone. :) As part of the weekend Brooke, my sister, and I threw a surprise 30th anniversary celebration for my parents. We took them to the Melting Pot and did toasts, and then went and had desert at home and watched a slideshow I had put together of our family photos. It was wonderful to be able to celebrate their 30 years together and their wonderful relationship which was a rock for us growing up, and an example for us now that we are older.

Here are a few photos; I wish we had remembered to take a few more especially at the Melting Pot.


 Cutting the Cake.



Then everyone went home and we had some down time. It was nice being able to take a breather from all the craziness of the past few months. So then we decided to take a mini vacation to decompress and we headed down to Denver for a weekend in the middle of August. We went and saw the Botanical Gardens which had amazing glass sculptures spread throughout it by the artist Dale Chihuly. We also went to the Denver art Museum and the Zoo. It was a really fun weekend and a much needed break.
 These lily pads were giant!

Sadly this is the only picture we took at the zoo.

Well that wraps our summer it was busy, but a lot of fun. We are doing well, enjoying our new home. We like it here in Lafayette/Louisville. Its not quite as busy, or having as strong of culture as Boulder, and we have made some new friends in our ward. Our callings are fun too. Nathan is the Ward Mission Leader, so we see the missionaries a lot. I'm the youth Sunday School teacher so that's fun and a challenge as well. It's nice having Brooke just up the road instead of clear across town, and We're within walking distance of a grocery store and a craft store, so I'm all set!

Life is good in the Tate household, oh and we are going to Peru in six days, but more of that in my next post! Which will hopefully be before we leave. See ya then!

No comments:

Post a Comment