Tuesday, March 5, 2013

February 2013: Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

Sorry I'm not writing this at exactly the end of February, but March 5th? Not too Shabby. Anyways...

February was an interesting and fun month for Nathan and I. Mainly it was a month full of confusion as we tried to figure out the best course of action for us over the next year. Let me elaborate.

It all started when Nathan mentioned that maybe we should stay in Utah for longer than we had been planning; to work on Watercolor Wedding and get it up and running. It wasn't a for sure decision, but I took it that way as my mind began to think of the possibilities that an extra year or two in Utah could do. Mainly the possibility of getting my bachelors degree consumed my thoughts. It began to stress me out as I felt I had to get perfect grades, so I could get a scholarship to support me over the next couple years of schooling. I found myself thinking less about wanting a baby as I thought about my bachelors degree.

Well one night a week or so later Nathan asked what was stressing me out and I told him I just felt pressured now that I was working for a bachelors degree. Then he was confused because we hadn't officially made that decision to stay, or for me to get a bachelors. So then we talked about what we really wanted for us this next year, and a few things came to mind. The first was that we really didn't want to stay in Utah longer than we had originally been planning. We wanted to move to Denver and start the next leg of our journey, and we really wanted to start our family. We came up with two options for us which were staying till august like we had originally planned, or not worrying about my associates degree and leaving in May. The next week we kept flip flopping between those two decisions. With thoughts like isn't it worth it to stay and extra three months to get a degree, or do we really want to wait till August to try having a baby again?

We flip flopped like crazy and then it felt like we had finally made our minds up to leave in May. I would sacrifice my associates so we could be settled and starting our family sooner. It felt right for about three days. Then being in class I was like, "I don't like this I want my associates degree." Then I told Nathan how I was feeling then we began flipping back to August. Then finally we said we couldn't keep flip flopping like this and we had to make a final decision by the end of tomorrow. I wasn't sure what I wanted, but then I remembered something about UVU having online courses you could take. So I looked into it and discovered half of the classes I needed to take were offered online! Then the perfect solution came to mind. I would take the classes I needed to be in class for block A of Summer semester, then take the online classes in Denver for fall and get my associates in December, but be able to move to Denver at the end of June! It finally felt right and a good compromise between the two earlier options.

It was a hectic month trying to know what to do, but it was and interesting learning experience too. We had been waiting the whole time for the Lord to tell us what path we should take, but we didn't get a for sure feeling of comfort in our hearts until we did our own research to find the best option for us.
Well along with the decision to move in June we also had a few other decisions to make. One that we aren't going to try and have a baby until we are in Denver. And that Nathan is planning on employing himself out in Denver like he is doing here. I think that catches us up on our plans. Sorry if that was long and boring to read.

Anyways also in February we had a few fun dates. We got to go see BYU's production of Phantom of the Opera as shown here in the picture below.


We also decided to celebrate Valentines a few days early and skipped class and saw Wreck it Ralph in the dollar theater, went and had dinner at Olive Garden, and then went to the temple. Nathan surprised me with flowers even though we decided to celebrate Valentines last minute that day. What a stud.

It was a fun month even with its confusion, but we're are just happy that we have a plan ahead of us and many fun things to look forward to.

1 comment:

  1. I am putting you on my blog roll. Your plans sound exciting and wonderful! *loves*

    ReplyDelete